Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Rope Cutter: true
- Model: D4-180
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 180hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2008
- Engine Hours: 950
Hamble Point Marina School Lane, Hamble
Southampton, GB, SO31 4JD
Tel:+44 (0)23 8045 4000
All interior woodwork in light mahogany matt silk finish. Locker doors with rounded edges and ventilation above. Floor is varnished wood with inlaid holly strips. The hull is lined with varnished mahogany slats for ventilation and insulation Saloon and aft cabin deckhead has panelling with mahogany stripes, all mattresses and cushions upholstered in beige fabric (Alcantara in main saloon) and resting on unvarnished, well-ventilated boards to avoid condensation. Fitted mattress covers and undersheets to protect the upholstery. The boat is carpeted throughout in beige. Portholes are fitted with beige curtains. Ocean Air skyscreens fitted under deck hatches in forward cabin, starboard side cabin and aft cabin. Mainly LED lighting throughout the boat. Fitted mattress covers and 2 x fitted sheets for all berths
- SALOON: On the starboard side a 2.35m long L-sofa that has backrests with hinges so that the space behind can be used as stowage. The sofa corner is rounded. On port side there is a straight settee berth with pop-up TV. Stowage behind and below. Dropleaf table with bottle stowage in centre. Headroom in saloon 2.02m.
- GALLEY: Linear galley to port. Working surface in white Corian with strong, all round fiddle rail. Two insulated toploading boxes with baskets, one fridge and one freezer. Fridge and freezer compressors are sea water cooled. Front opening day fridge. Extra deep, double sinks. Gimballed gas cooker with oven. Crockery locker and cutlery drawer. Bread board. Room for saucepans and other kitchen utensils.
- FORWARD HEADS COMPARTMENT: Bulkheads and lockers in white formica. Teak grating, Corian wash basin and Corian countertops. There is a large mirror. Separate shower with watertight shower stall, plexi glass doors. Electric shower waste pump. Electric toilet with fresh water flush. Stainless steel 80 litres holding tank, emptied by gravity or by deck pump out. Cupboard above and below washbasin. Ventilation through opening porthole and hatch.
- FORWARD CABIN: Two 2.12m long berths with ample stowage above and below and in addition a number of lockers. Large deck hatch for light, ventilation and access for sails. Dorade vent on fore deck.
- STARBOARD SIDE SUPER CABIN: large double bunk to stbd with extensive stowage below. There is a mirror and hanging locker and Vanity table.
- CHART TABLE AND WALKTHROUGH: Seat with spacious chart table. Above a shelf and space for mounting instruments. Five drawers and stowage slots. There is a large rubber sealed door access to the walk-in engine room off the walkthrough. Headroom 1.96m in the walkthrough.
- AFT CABIN: Two large berths in aft cabin for the perfect passage making cabin with seat between. Stowage in Two hanging lockers, drawers and verious lockers above and below berths three opening portlights, one fixed, large opening deck hatch.
- AFT HEADS: Bulkheads and lockers in white formica. Teak grating, Corian wash basin, Corian countertops and two large mirrors. Separate shower with watertight shower stall, plexi glass doors. Electric shower waste pump. Electric toilet with fresh water flush. Stainless steel 80 litres holding tank, emptied by gravity or by deck pump out. Cupboard above and below washbasin. Ventilation through opening porthole.
Pedestal mounted steering compass by Silva.
Raymarine ST60+ Log Echo sounder and wind instruments.
Autopilot Raymarine ST7000 smart pilot.
Raymarine Chart Plotter Radar Screen E120 mounted under hardtop.
Multifunction repeater screen mounted at chart table.
Raymarine HD Colour open array radar scanner.
Radar mounted on Radar pole on aft deck with outboard crane.
Icom DSC VHF at chart table
Icom Command Mic mounted in cockpit
Icom Handheld VHF
Ships signal horn on mast, operated from pedestal.
Pop up Samsung TV in saloon with Samsung DVD Player.
JVC stereo radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Walk-in engine room. The sound insulation is covered by perforated aluminium linings. Engine: Volvo Penta D4-180, 132 kW/180 HP at crank shaft. Approximately 951 engine hours at October 2018. Maximum torque 500 Nm. 3.7 litres displacement. Twin glass Racor fuel filters. Mounted with four rubber feet on strong foundations to avoid vibration and noise. Ambassador Stripper 3-bladed rope cutter. Gori folding 3 bladed propeller with overdrive, fixed blade propeller as spare. Freshwater cooled engine. Aqua Drive flexible link for a quiet and smooth engine.The engine is served by a separate 12v battery. There is a large filter for cooling water
Approximately 900 Litres / 238 US gallon in two stainless steel tanks, below the floor in saloon with fuel gauge. The tanks are filled through deck inlets. Between tanks and engine there is a further large water and coarse filter in addition to the one on the engine. The cruising range in calm waters is approximately 1 200 nautical miles
POPSY is also fitted with a recirculating fuel polishing system to protect against the problems associated with bad fuel and fuel bug increasingly prevalent in Bio Diesel.
Water capacity is approximately 910 litres / 241 US gallon under the floor in the saloon in stainless tanks. There is a water gauge. The water goes to a pump and then on to a pressure equalising tank, and from there via a manifold is distributed to a 75 litres/20 US gallon hot water calorifier (heated by 230 V and the engine’s cooling water) and the cold water system. As soon as a water tap is turned on the water which is under pressure in the pipes starts to flow. As soon as the pressure reduces the electric pump begins to work and will continue until the pressure is built up again after closing tap. Filling of water tanks is through deck inlet. There is a carbon filter for the fresh water system. Seagull purifier with separate faucet for drinking water. There are three bilge pumps; one manual, one electric and one high capacity electric emergency bilge pump that is floodable. The emergency pump is operable from the cockpit.
24v Osmosea water maker (20017) delivering approximately 75 litres per hour.
Deck, coachroof, toerail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and side trims in top quality teak. Teak hand rails full length of superstructure. Stemhead fitting with integral double anchor roller. Electric windlass with capstan, footswitches on foredeck and remote control at steering pedestal. Delta anchor 32 kg with 120m 13mm chain and chain chute. Two stainless cleats forward, aft and midships. Protective stainless steel strips to all cleats and gates. Double stainless steel lifelines with opening gates port and starboard. Deck inlets for water and diesel tanks. Electric selftailing genoa sheet winches, Lewmar 68 CEST, two main-sheet winches; one electric Lewmar 48 CEST, and one manual Lewmar 48 CST. Hatches in foredeck, forward toilet compartment, starboard cabin, saloon and in aft cabin. 13 aluminium framed port holes, 12 of these are opening. Stowage in aft deck lazarette locker, with two lids with gas springs. Separate gas locker on starboard side deck. Remote control for upgraded hydraulic hydraulic fold-out bathing platform in transom with bathing ladder. Shower at bathing platform. Teak outboard bracket on pushpit. Teak pushpit seats. Carbon fibre Passerelle with fitting on transom. Mainsail, main winch, windlass and swim platform also radio controlled for ease of operation. Emergency MOB/boarding ladder. Simpson Davits on stern fitted 2017. Dinghy and outboard engine (2017).
On starboard side is the cockpit stowage locker. The lid has a gas spring. The cockpit floor is covered with a teak grating. Wheel steering with single lever engine control. High gloss varnished folding teak cockpit table. Panel for engine instruments in the steering pedestal within easy reach of helmsman. Alcove in stb side of the cockpit coaming. Two large cockpit drains. Hallberg-Rassy hard top with opening centre section over front part of cockpit. Sprayhood extension to cover entire cockpit. Bimini with stainless steel frames. Teak covered work surfaces under windscreen, ideal as chart tables, etc. The chart tables and the washboards are high gloss varnished. Lamp in hard top above cockpit chart tables.
Triple spreader rig by Seldén. Seldén hydraulic Furlinmast and forestay, detachable inner forestay with running backstays. Holmatro hydraulic backstay tensioner and boom vang with central panel control in cockpit. Two selftailing halyard winches. Whisker pole stored against mast with topping lift. Spinnaker halyard. Turnbuckles and aluminium protection tubes from Seldén. Windex. Wireless remote control for furling main.
Surling mainsail, cross cut, in Gitter Spectra by Elvström, Denmark
Furling genoa in Gitter Spectra with E-foam and UV protection by Elvström, Denmark
Overall cover, bow to stern, for use when boat is laid up
Deck saloon window covers
Radar and mainsail covers for lay up
Bimini side screens (3)
Aft deck awning
- Sleipner Side Power 15.5HP bowthruster
- 24 volt Osmosea watermaker with automatic flushing system.
- REFRIGERATION: Two water cooled Isotherm SP systems with 24v Danfoss compressor units, one for refrigeration and one for freezer. The freezer has a double thermostat, enabling use of the freezer as fridge if required. Additional day fridge at eye-level.
- ELECTRICITY: Three separate battery banks:
- 12 volt 140Ah battery for engine start
- 24 volt 420Ah for general 24v use on board, covered by eight 6v 210Ah AGM batteries
- 12 volt 210Ah for general 12v use on board, covered by two 6 v 210Ah AGM batteries
- Charging of batteries is by one 140A 12v and one 110A 24v alternator from the engine, as well as via shore connection or 230v/50hz, low revving, diesel generator - Whisper Power 6 Ultra via Mastervolt IVO 12v 25A and Mastervolt MASS 24v 50A charger. Mastervolt MICC remote panel for the charger inverter control and battery status. Electric sockets at inner chart table and in the cockpit. Electric panel with circuit breakers. Additional back-up battery charger (2017).
- International navigation lights, steaming light and Lopolight LED combined tricolour/anchor light at masthead.
- Full 230v shore power system with sockets throughout the boat.
Separate isolated 230v inlet for use when boat is laid up.
- HEATING: Two Webasto Airtop 3500 diesel heaters, 3.5kW, with outlets in saloon, forward cabin, starboard cabin, heads compartments and aft cabin. The heaters are installed in the engine room. All outlets, except in the saloon, can be regulated separately.
Webasto airconditioning in aft cabin (2017).
EmpirBus replaced with conventional 12v/24v switch board.
Fans. 7 caframo folding fans fitted
12&24 volt sockets fitted Fwd and aft cabin. USB socket at chart table.
Water maker Osmosea C N12 approx 70 Lts per hour 24 volts.
Abs aluminium rib
Crane for outboard motor
Yamaha outboard engine
Ambassador rope cutter
Additional 12 and 24 volt battery chargers
Cockpit harness points
Life raft service
Lucas AGM batteries
Calibra Marine lightweight large passerelle
Safe and money boxes in cabins
Spare fortress anchor and chain
Additional 40 mts of multiplat anchor or tow line spliced ready for use
Seagull water filter with galley faucet
LED lights except nav
VHF Icom with command control in cockpit
Engine and generator serviced Germany, U.K. and Turkey
Bottom stripped back as necessary and re-antifouled
Full Part One UK Title registration
Numerous spares for Volvo, Mastervolt and pumps
Gas system overhaul, safety certificate and extra cylinder
Flares inc red electronic
Fuel tank take offs labelled
Boarding ladder and fender step
Update charts and pilot books for Greece and Turkey
Chain hook and warp.chain marked.
Wet and dry Hoover
Windlass emergency manual override
Gas and carbon monoxide alarm
Navionics chip for Mediterranean
Dive bottle certified and new regulator
Handy Billy and harness for o.b.motor
Rig check and new inner forestay adjuster
Lewmar block and tackle for check stays (allowing whichard deck pads to be used
D link router for Internet
Aft heads pressure valve replaced to allow sufficient fresh water
Additional jumbo and flat fenders
Protection of raw water pipe inlet
Guard rails overhauled
Atlas filter bowl
S/S crane on radar pole
Transworld Yachts offers the details of vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of any vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.