Interior finished in mahogany with matt silk varnish. Interior locker doors with rounded edges. Wooden inner frames for the skylights. Deluxe upholstery in blue. curtains in beige and Carpet in blue. Varnished teak soleboards with inlaid holly strips. Ivory deckhead accentuated with mahogany inlays.
- HEATING: Webasto Airtop 3500 diesel fired warm air heater with outlets in each cabin.
- VENTILATION: Two hatches, eleven opening port holes, ventilation in the companionway washboard, two Dorade vents in the saloon. Most of the interior lockers are ventilated.
- SALOON: Two settee berths in the saloon, on the port side a 1.90m long L-shaped settee and on the starboard side 2.15m with berth extension under the chart table. Lockers above the settes and stowage space beneath the starboard side. Bookshelves to port and starboard. Dropleaf saloon table. Opening portlights.Stereo/CD player with speakers in the saloon and cockpit. Headroom 1.91m.
- GALLEY: On the port side, gimballed gas cooker with oven and two burner hob. Deep double stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot and cold water. Ample stowage room, chopping board, drawers and waste bin. Well insulated fridge with basket and 12v cooling unit.
- CHART TABLE: Instrument shelf for navigation equipment. 12v switch panel with gauges for fuel and water, voltmeter. Opening windows over both galley and chart table.
- FORWARD CABIN: Double berth 2.14m long and 2.07m wide at the widest part. Foot end 57cm wide. Lockers above on both sides and generous stowage beneath. Hanging locker to starboard and various other lockers and vanity unit to port. Two opening portlights. Door leading to saloon.
- AFT CABIN: 2.16m long berth, 1.76m wide at the widest part. Foot end 1.11m wide. Hanging locker. Lockers above berth and stowage beneath. Door leading to saloon. Three opening portholes ensure good ventilation.
- HEADS COMPARTMENT: Interior lining and cupboard in white matt Resopal. Watertight shower stall with teak grating. 12v shower waste pump. Manual pump toilet. Stainless holding tank, to be emptied by gravity or deck pump outlet. Corian wash basin and Corian countertop. Stowage above and below. Wet locker. Large mirror. Two opening portholes for ventilation.
Spars & Sails
- 3 Cylinder, 29hp, Volvo Penta D1-30B engine (2020hrs at October 2023) with sail drive (Volvo gaiter/seal replaced circa 2017) and a three bladed folding bronze propeller. The engine is fresh water cooled. Engine panel with RPM-meter and engine hours counter.
- Wheel steering with leather covered wheel.
- 12v starter battery dedicated for engine start only. House batteries 240Ah 12v. Charging of batteries is by 115A alternator from engine. Switch panel with fuel and water gauges, voltmeter and automatic circuit breakers. 12v outlets at the inner chart table and above the sliding hatch in the cockpit. International Navigation Lights with combined tricolour/anchor light at masthead. Capacity of Diesel tank 165 l, located under part of the starboard side sofa.
- Full 230v shore power system with circuit breaker, 4 sockets, immersion heater and Mastervolt IVO 40A Smart battery charger. Mastervolt Masterlink BTM 1 battery control unit.
- WATER: Pressurised fresh water system with a two litres accumulator tank. Hot and cold pressurised fresh water at heads and galley. Freshwater tank 265 litres, located under part of the port side saloon settee berth. Manual bilge pump as well as an emergency bilge pump.
Silver anodised 7/8 fractional rig by Seldén with air draft of 16m. Seldén Furlex 200S headsail furling and reefing system and Seldén Furlin-mast furling and reefing system for the mainsail allowing setting, reefing, and furling away to be carried out from the cockpit. 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous wire rigging with chrome bronze rigging screws replaced in 2023. Double, swept-back spreaders and Seldén backstay adjuster. Halyards and furling lines lead into the cockpit through 8 clutches to two Lewmar 16CST self-tailing winches under the windscreen. Lewmar 40CST primary winches. Seldén Rodkick. Aluminium protective tubes for rigging screws. Spinnaker track with pole stowed on the mast. LED Navigation lights and deck light on the front of the mast.
Elvström Fully battened furling mainsail 2016
Furling genoa jib with battened roach and sacrificial strip
Both sails are very lightly used and will give years of service
Deck, toerail, handrails, cockpit seats, bathing platform, cockpit floor and side trims in solid teak. Strong stainless steel cleats forward and aft. Spring cleats and fittings for spinnaker blocks fitted on toe rail. Protective brass strips to all cleats. Two skylights, 70 x 70 cm. Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit with double guard wires. Glass windscreen in silver anodised aluminium frame with handholds and opening centre screen for ventilation. Sprayhood with extension to cover the entire cockpit. Genoa tracks with floating blocks and track control lines lead back to the cockpit. Stainless steel rudderstock with self-alighning roller bearings. Wheel steering with leather covered wheel and stainless steel emergency tiller, cover for wheel and pedestal. Stowable cockpit table. Chain locker forward with space for fenders and chain. Strong, double roller, stemhead fitting. Lewmar electric anchor windlass (installed 2023), 16kg Delta anchor and 40m 8mm chain. additional folding Grapple anchor with chain and line. Gas cylinder locker in aft of cockpit with 3kg camping gas cylinder.Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine C95 radar/chart plotter display mounted in the cockpit
- Raymarine GPS antenna mounted on pushpit
- Raymarine 2KW radome mounted on mast
- Raymarine ST60+ windspeed and direction
- Raymarine ST60+ Speed
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth
- Raymarine Smart pilot ST6002+ with Type 1 drive
- Raymarine Ray50 DSC class D VHF
- Raymarine AIS700 splitter/receiver (2023)
- VHF antenna mounted at masthead
- Insulated backstay
- Sony Stereo CD/Tuner with 2 speakers
Please note: All safety equipment included in this sale is offered without warranty. the next owner must satisfy themselves that this equipment is suitable for their intended use of the vessel.
- Liferaft in valise (next service due 2025)
- Ocean Danbuoy
- Inflatable Danbuoy
- Lifebuoy with light
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- High-capacity emergency bilge pump
The following comments from Europe’s largest sailing magazine, Yacht after testing the Hallberg-Rassy 342:
"Frers has given this bestseller more comfort and more elegant lines. The sailing performance is excellent, even in light airs, but her speed increases effortlessly in response to every increase in wind strength. She reacts instantly to steering commands, but not nervously. From the moment you set sail she edicts a feeling of confidence, a feeling that is retained even in a freshening wind. The hull and deck are completely laminated and cast together with a polyester mixture, the resulting rigidity to the hull gives the boat a more comfortable ride in heavy seas.
The high standard of the build quality is valid throughout the whole build process and is evident even to a non-expert. It is not only the precisely fitted interior joinery, the dimensions and solid feel of the khaya mahogany with its varnished finish which is smooth to the touch. Even in those areas hidden from view Hallberg-Rassy is leading its competitors. For example the heating hoses are double, in order to minimize loss of heat. The pressure water pump is not just fitted anywhere as an afterthought but in rubber in the already insulated engine room so that noise levels are reduced. All these things are evidence of how determined Hallberg-Rassy are to continually move the limits in an effort to provide their clients with the ideal cruising yacht.
It is easy to fall in love with the 342 just because she has so many better details than other yachts in this segment of the industry. But it is not just the attention to detail, it is the great overall concept where she scores points. At 10.32 x 3.42 m (33’10” x 11’3”) she has the best layout on the market, ideal for a crew of four. This new model has what it takes to become a class leader. Part of the explanation is that there is hardly any direct competition for this yacht. But even if the competition were keener, the market tougher, the Hallberg-Rassy 342 would still hold her exceptional position safely. We have rarely sailed a yacht that is so carefully evaluated."Default Disclaimer
Transworld Yachts offers the details of vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of any vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.