Comments by her Designer
As the top of the range of high quality offshore cruising boats produced by this world-renowned builder, the HR 62 represents years of experience and a synergy of efforts on the part of Hallberg-Rassy and our design office to produce the best possible yacht of its kind.
The high performance, well balanced, strong hull of moderate draft is matched by an efficient and easy to handle sail plan.
The areas reserved for leisure on deck are very generous and the interior has plenty of natural light and ventilation.
A new owner will immediately be able to appreciate Hallberg-Rassy’s know-how in building and fitting out their yachts, as much as their design and performance in all conditions.
- Hand lay-up method with woven rovings, isophthalic polyester and isophthalic gelcoat, The hull is insulated from 20 cm under the waterline up to the deck with Divinycell closed cell PVC core.
- There is a decorative blue stripe in Gelcoat above a moulded rubbing strake with a stainless profile on top.
- Built-in longitudinal and athwartships stiffener.
- Lead keel, bolted on with 14 M36 stainless steel keel bolts.
- Keel bolts are accessible without moving the tanks making the deep bilge easily accessed.
- Skin fittings and seacocks are rigorously serviced and replaced as required.
- The Rudder in GRP, rudder shaft 100 mm stainless steel.
- Heavy cast bronze rudder fittings and roller bearings on the rudder stock.
- Hand lay-up method.
- GRP-sandwich construction, Divinycell closed cell PVC core for strength and insulation.
- Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping GRP-laminate.
- Deck, coach roof, handrails and seats are all solid teak.
- 15 windows, 14 of them opening, eight deck hatches and seven Dorade-vents.
- The deck is provided with scuppers, which drain under the waterline to keep the hull clean.
SUPERSTRUCTURE & DECK FITTINGS
- Stemhead fitted with two anchor rollers.
- Strong pulpit and pushpit 30 mm diameter of open type.
- Anchor light and international navigation lights including LED masthead and spreader lights.
- Double life lines on eight pairs of stainless stanchions, total height 72 cm.
- Gates amidships P and SB side.
- Mooring cleats 40 cm forward and aft. 30 cm amidships.
- Floating Genoa track car, adjustable from the cockpit.
- Cutter stay with car and double foot blocks from Lewmar.
- Mainsheet 1:4, sheeted on a track with a Lewmar 50 CEST electric winch.
- Primary winches: Two Lewmar 77 CEST electric.
- Secondary winches two Lewmar 58 CEST electric.
- Hardtop with toughened glass windows in aluminium frames and opening centre window.
- Chainplates, bathing ladder and other fittings are made from stainless steel.
DECK AND EQUIPMENT
- Glass fiber moulded deck laid with solid teak in a black caulking compound throughout. Deck has recently been renovated and treated with Semco sealnt to preserve the teak.
- Solid teak cappings to the bulwarks and solid teak handrails and pushpit seats.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double guard wires, opening gates port and stbd.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpits.
- Light weight passarelle, for use with Topping lift. (New 2017)
- Simpson Electric Davits (New 2018)
ANCHOR EQUIPMENT & BOWTHRUSTER
- 24v Lofrans Deluxe Windlass, foot button controls and remote at helm. (New 2018)
- The chain falls smoothly into the big chain locker, which is drained overboard.
- In the locker, there is space for five fenders above the chain.
- The anchor can be controlled up and down by buttons both at the windlass and from the steering pedestal.
- 88lbs Stainless steel Delta anchor with 13 mm Stainless steel chain and swivel.
- Double bow roller.
- The 24v bow thruster is 20HP and controlled by foot buttons at the steering position.
- Excellent protection under the Hardtop with easy access to the helm. Opening centre windscreen to hard top.
- Cockpit seats and sole in laid teak.
- Raymarine navigation instruments over the companionway sliding hatch.
- Wheel steering with a hide-covered wheel.
- Cardan link steering system.
- Single lever engine control, compass, engine instrument panel and more in easy reach of the helmsman.
- All push button sail controls for single handed sail management are available at the pedestal.
- The Main, Genoa and Staysail can be set reefed and furled away from the helm position.
- A high gloss varnished folding teak table is fitted on the pedestal.
- Forward a drained locker for anchor chain and space for fenders.
- Aft a huge lazarette locker with approximately 3 400 litres volume accessible through two hatches in the aft deck.
- CONTRARIAN will be sold with adequate mooring lines and fenders.
- First class workmanship in selected mahogany, sanded and treated to a silk smooth finish. Softclosing drawers.
- Lockers have invisible, stainless steel hinges.
- The varnished sole is teak with holly inlays New carpets fitted 2023.
- White ceiling accentuated with fore and aft teak inlays.
- The floor is the same level throughout the boat.
- Seagoing layout with white Corian work tops fitted with fiddles.
- Deep, double sinks.
- Two well-insulated cold boxes one of the boxes, aft of the navstation, has a dual thermostat so it can be used as a fridge or freezer both with 24v DC electric water-cooled compressors, thru-hull coolers replaced 2016. The freezer compressor was upgraded to Danfoss BD50 in June 2019
- Pressurised hot and cold water throughout the yacht including at the bathing platform.
- Drawers, separate locker for china and glass, plus stowage for pots and pans etc.
- Opening window.
- Gimballed Force 10 electric hob and oven (New 2018)
- Microwave oven
Saloon and chart table
- Generous saloon for all crew and guests.
- Headroom 2.04m.
- All space behind and under sofas used for stowage.
- Chart table with drawers.
- Navigation and communication systems at the chart table.
- Comfortable seat with heeling support.
- Lockers and two big hanging lockers for oil skins.
- Electrical panel with labelled trip switches.
- All DC electrical controls are centered in this area.
- Upholstery in Cream Alcantara
- Integrated icemaker, (New 2016)
Head & Shower compartments
- 3x heads compartments with Jabsco electric toilets and holding tanks for black water.
- Water proof and easily cleaned toilet compartments in white formica and Corian.
- Corian wash basins with hot and cold water faucets.
- Large mirrors and good lighting.
- 2x separate shower stalls with thermostatic mixer valves, over teak grating, pumped over board. Aft cabin is en-suite and large shower stall is shared by forward cabins.
- Great effort is made for good ventilation.
- 15 tailor-made Lewmar Ocean windows, of which 14 open.
- All lenses in the ports were replaced in 2015 and new seals fitted 2018 Eight Lewmar deck hatches, Fixed ventilation to all cabins through Dorade or Electrolux vents to all cabins.
- Mahogany slats line the hull creating an air barrier between the insulated hul side and internal joinery preventing damp getting to soft furnishing or endgrain woodwork. the mahogany slats extend behind the lockers and all interior lockers have ventilation through grills over the doors, all bunk boards are drilled and left unvarnished to prevent dampness and mold under mattresses.
Cushions in the sleeping cabins are fully sprung mattresses and the saloon cushions are 12 cm (4 1/2”) composite, polyester foam with blue Alcantara.Rig and Sails
- 3 spreader, silver anodised, In mast furling, Sloop rig, with furling headstay and fixed, furling inner forestay. Jumper struts support the inner forestay with running backstays for heavy weather sailing.
- 3 spreaders, hydraulic in mast furling with hydraulic outhaul control, hydraulic headsail furling and hydraulic inner forestay furling from Seldén Mast AB, Sweden.
All sail furlers can be operated from the helm position.
- Standing rigging in Navtec rod will be delivered brand new and commissioned for the next owner.
- Two carbon fibre spinnaker booms stowed at mast.
- Mast and boom made from silver anodised aluminium alloy.
- Anti-lightening system installed at mast-head.
- Powered hydraulic outhaul.
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner and boom vang from Navtec with remote control from the cockpit.
- Runners are stored at the mast when not in use.
- Two deck lights on the lower spreaders.
- Fitting for spinnaker boom and halyard. Flag lines.
- The mast is provided with special cable conduits.
- Halyard winches and cleats.
- Deck stepped mast on solid mast support integrated with the main bulkhead.
- Running rigging and sheets renewed 2018
Main - Elvestrom Epex Fatfurl main (New 2018), excellent conditionEngine and Machinery
Genoa - Elvestrom Epex genoa, very good condition
Cutter - Elvestrom Epex wit vertical battens, very good condition
Additional Mainsail in Elvestrom Epex, good condition.
- Volvo-Penta TAMD63 (LA) - 237hp, 6 cylinders, Marine, Turbodiesel.
- 2x 110Amp alternators for 12v and 24v systems (New 2018)
- Hydraulic gearbox.
- Twin Racor fuel filters with water separators.
- Ambassador rope cutter.
- The engine is mounted on a special flexible engine bed, with an Aquadrive flexible shaft coupling for super quiet motoring.
- The engine is freshwater cooled and equipped with an oil cooler.
- Single lever control for revs and gear shift.
- The instrument panel includes a tachometer, temperature gauge, oil pressure, and voltmeter for engine start battery, acoustic and optical warnings.
- Electric oil change pump.
- Engine Room Cam viewable on Raymarine multifunction display at helm
- 3-blade Gori propeller (New 2019)
- Fixed blade prop carried as spare.
- 20hp SIDE POWER 24volt bow thruster
Fuel and freshwater
- Fuel: 1,610 liters in two stainless steel tanks under the saloon sole.
- Freshwater: 1,560 liters, in two stainless steel tanks under the saloon sole.
- Active charcoal filter and double pumps for the freshwater system.
- Pressure water hot and cold at all faucets.
- 75ltrs Calorifier with 240v immersion heater.
- HRO 230v Water Maker recently installed and preserved
AC 110v/60hz and 220v/50hz
CONTRARIAN is set up to cruise in all areas of the world and can accept AC inputs from 110v to 220v at 50hz or 60hz
- Westerbeke 15KW/110v generator with sound capsule. Approx 3000 engine hours.
- 220v shore power connection with step down transformer for 110v ring main and washing machine
- 110v shore power inlet
- Additional 220v inlet for AirCon and Watermaker
- Mastervolt battery charges for 12v and 24v systems. (New 2018)
- Mastervolt Sine 25/5000 220v inverter for Washing machine and 220v socket (New 2017)
- Mastervolt Sine 24/5000 110v inverter
12v and 24v
- Service battery bank 420amp/hr gel service bank, 24v
- Service battery bank 12v.
- 12v 140Amp Hr Engine start battery
- 12v 140Amp Hr GenSet start battery.
- Main switch for engine start and service batteries.
- Mastervolt volt meters and battery monitors.
- Gauges for fuel and water tanks.
- 230v shore connection and 12 & 24 volt battery chargers.
- There are 12v, 24v DC outlets throughout the yacht and AC outlets for 110v and 220v power outlets throughout the yacht.
Heating and Air-Conditioning
Navigation and Communication
- Two 5kW Webasto diesel air heaters.
- The output of the heaters is variable and automatically controlled by a thermostat.
- The heaters work independently of each other.
- MarineAir chilled water, air conditioning system with individual controls throughout the yacht.
At Chart Table
Raymarine i70 programmable instrument display
Raymarine autopilot control
Furuno Navtex NX300
Raymarine Hybrid GS Series touch screen plotter
Motorola Sat phone
2x Raymarine G120 hybrid touchscreen plotter/radar. (New 2016)
2x Raymarine i70 programmable instrument displays
Raymarine wind angle and windspeed true and apparent
Raymarine close hauled wind angle and windspeed true and apparent.
Raymarine i70 programable instrument displaySafety Equipment
Raymarine autopilot control
Raymarine Hybrid touchscreen remote control.
Please Note: All safety equipment included in this sale is offered by the vendor without guarantees. It is the new owner's responsibility to ensure that the equipment is specified and serviced in accordance with their intended use of the vessel.
- 8 person liferaft (New 2017)
Transworld Yachts offers the details of vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of any vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Default Disclaimer
Transworld Yachts offers the details of vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of any vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.